Our purpose is to develop, promote and supply realistic products and know-how, that enables shipping companies and their officers to establish man overboard safety and rescue consciousness on board their vessels. By this our intention is to encourage them to establish man overboard rescue teams on board their vessels, that are able to exercise effective and safe man overboard rescue operations from the vessel deck, as well as render safe in-water rescue operations in hazardous weather and sea conditions.
It is our intention, through our products, experience and education material, to make professional seamen more aware of, that they must make it a part of their profession, to be specialists in everything that can prevent a man overboard accidents and to be able to exercise professional man overboard rescue operations from their vessel in hazardous weather and sea conditions.
- The professional seaman is most often nearest to the scene on man overboard incident.
- The professional seaman is most oftan at risk as possible rescuer, when man is overboard.
- The professional seaman and his family has most to gain as he/she is most often a man overboard casualty and has most to loose in such cases.
- The working conditions and tools have changed enormously in recent decades and now we have the means, experience and know-how to train and exercise man overboard rescue operations, safety and with understanding and support from the shipping companies, which would otherwise have been very difficult and risky and most often impossible for the deck crew.
- We can offer successful experience, know-how and solutions based on 40 years in the Icelandic maritime community and many years with our recovery systems on the international market.
- The very little cost involved shoud pay back in safer ship, lower insurance cost, good team moral and better maintenance of safety equipment on board.