The Markus MOB Emergency ladder for boat type MEL2 is two mesh wide ladder designed both for leisure boats and workboats of all types. It is intended to provide a person that has fallen overboard and a rescue swimmer that has to enter the water the possibility to pull the ladder down and climb back on board.
The Markus MOB Emergency Ladder model MEL2 is available in 4 standard lengths. The total length should be the distance from the fastening point to the water level plus one metre (3 feet) . The 4 models are:
MEL2-170 (for boats with 80 cm from fastening point to water).
MEL2-220 (for boats with 130 cm from fastening point to water).
MEL2-270 (for boats with 170 cm from fastening point to water).
MEL2-320 (for boats with 220 cm from fastening point to water).
• Tensile strength tested with each buckle loop taking equal load >2500 kg
• Tensile strength test of each mesh >500 kg
• Fastenings: 3 buckle loops with SS buckles.
• Width: 40 sm
• Length: Variable based on model, 170 (68”), 220 (88”), 270 cm (108”), 320 cm (128”).
• Material: Polyester webbing with lead inside handle and plastic rodes in each step.
• Aluminum bar distribute the load on the fastening buckles.
• Storage cover of PVC/ Polyester fabric .
• Weight : Variable based on model; 800 gr, 900 gr, 1000 g
• The Markus MOB Emergency Ladder takes little space and can be fastened to a rail or stanchion wire or to special retangular fastenings which can be glued onto inflatable boats or screwed to boats of rigid construction, such as GRP or aluminum.
• It is possible to pack the ladder with the handle hanging in the recommended height from water
• It is easy to release the ladder both from deck and from the water.
• The Markus MOB Emergency Ladder should be long enough to sink one metre (3 feet) into the water enabling the person in the water to step onto the ladder and use his legs to climb on board.
• Same quality and product standard as the Lloyd´s Register approved Markusnet type MS.
• Important on every boat with 1 to 3 man crew.
• Provides safe passage back on board at the side of the boat.
• Can be pulled down from the water.
• It is made to go 1 metre into the water in lowered position, to enable exhausted man overboard to make use of it in extreme situation at sea.
• For commercial use, the location is subject for acceptance by the local maritime authority as man overboard recovery system.
• Prod no. 7 300 002 Hypalon patch with SS retangular link for inflatable boats.
• Prod no. 7 300 003 SS retangular link, fastening cleat and two screws to fasten to boats of rigit construction.
• Prod no. 7 300 005 POM white distance cleat.
Location: Midship on both sides in no danger of the propeller when in down position.
When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Control your personal Cookie Services here.